A patient came into the surgery today, while I was taking her blood pressure she proceeded to tell me that she had been sitting at home watching Oprah. I just smiled and thought to myself how interesting her life is, this patient a few months ago was very upset about having an appointment late in the afternoon because she would miss her TV show, Deal or No Deal.
She continued to say that toady's topic on Oprah was about a Lesbian! She paused after saying this word as it must be very foreign to her, continuing on she said that this woman had just broken up with her partner of six years, then she looked at the time and it was 1:30 and she though "oh I better get up to the doctors" she was so engrossed that she nearly missed her appointment! Small towns, small minds.
No comments:
Post a Comment