Friday, September 3, 2010

Scrambled

This has been a pretty full on month... thinking that we were still in August! My head is scrambled so much that I find it difficult to even string a sentence together. My mind is filled with fog and grey matter, everything is whirling around in a dizzying spin, that I literally lose my balance when I try to stand up too quickly, luckily though no one has noticed.
So many things have been happening that anger me into a state of confusion and forgetfulness.
I never knew how difficult it was for some people to complete a task that for others is so mind numbingly simple.
This was last week, I was so scattered that I couldn't even finish writing what I had started, and now, even thinking of it, I can't remember entirely what it was that got me so fired up.
I know I have been having trouble changing my name with a number of different companies, who manage to change my surname but not my title, so that even though I am married I have remained a Miss!
I never knew that owning a business would open up so many avenues of frustration; dark dank ally ways crowed with rats and people sticking their legs out, trying to trip you in the confusion of the crowd of things that swarm around you everyday, begging to be done, mixed in with the personal chores that need attention on top of all of that.
There are moments of light when someone opens a doorway to help, or when the sun creeps out from behind the clouds and sneaks in between the cracks in the buildings, on days like this things are easy, they flow smoothly and you wonder what all the fuss is about.
We can go for days, weeks even, when things seem settled, the customers are pleasant enough, when it has been put into perspective, sometimes we deal with a person and think, 'crazy!' but then we think about it if it had been in another situation, in another place, at another time, and compare them to some of our other customers and you realise, 'Ok they weren't too bad.'
Then there are times when one, after the other, after the other, are just insane and you go a little mental, sometimes I imagine we can be a little rude or abrupt to an undeserving customer whilst trying to comprehend the insanity of some situations or people that we have just encountered.
It almost seems sometimes that people tend to be absent minded or completely self absorbed to the point that they are unaware of any human interaction that they might have encountered while in the shop. I must admit I know there are times when I have been like that, I will have to remember to be more aware of my surroundings in the future!

No comments: