Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where is next door?

A man walks into the shop and asks about the daily paper. I do my best to explain to him that they come in the afternoon but couldn't give him a definitive time of there arrival.
Then he wants to know about where he can get something to eat, he asked about the bowling club, he appeared to already know where that was, so I told him that there was a take-away shop next door and pointed to my left.
His response, "oh the one on the other side of the intersection," um, no. No I said it is just next door, and again indicated to the wall with which the shop was on the other side of. "oh, so on this side of the post office?" No mate, it is literally NEXT door!... No I said, you just go out of this door, turn left and walk in to the next door you come across and it is right there.
"Oh" he says again, "I must have walked straight past it."
Bright.

No comments: